- William Dunshee Karol's 4-great-grandfather Although I have no proof, it is probable that William and Thomas (below) are siblings because family lore from both lines claim connection to County Down, Ireland. My research starts with both lines in SW Pennsylvania, follow through Ohio, and on until they appear close together again in southern Iowa.
- Thomas (ca 1763-1844) and Mary (McAloney) from SW PA and Richland Co., Ohio.
- Thomas Dunshee (b. before 1713) of Londonderry, New Hampshire
- John (b. Ireland in 1751) & Elizabeth Patten Dunshee immigrating from Ireland in 1792
- John (b. 1781) & Margaret McMurrich Dunshee of Dumbarton, Scotland
- William (b. 30 Jul 1793) & Lorain Turner Dunshee of Bristol, Vermont & Cuyahoga Co., Ohio
- Ebenezer (b. ca. 1805) & Eleanor Holmes Dunshee of Saratoga and Wyoming County, New York
- Ira (b. ca. 1806) & Almeda Dunsha , of New York & Medina County, Ohio
- Daniel (b. NY ca 1839) & Mary Dods Dunshee of New Jersey
- Dunshee "Stray" Father Index - Other Dunshee (& variations) males with at least one child, but for which I have not been able to identify a parent
- Dunshee "Orphan" Index List of Dunshee (& variations) males with no parents or children